Sunday, April 22, 2007

When it Hits Home

Last night I was informed that my cousins' aunt has been missing since Thursday. According to her co-workers, she left work Thursday morning and according to her husband, she never made it home. Thursday night she did not report to work. It is now Sunday night and, as far as I know, she has not been found. Last night my cousin told me that her aunt's husband was asked to come in to identify a body. I have not heard anything since...so we all sit and wait. My cousins' aunt is like family to me as well. Although I have not seen her in years I still have fond memories of her picking me and my cousins up to visit her and their grandma. She treated me as if I were her niece as well. I am so disturbed because I have not heard anything new today and I just want everything to end on a good note. Lord, please let her be okay. Let her come home, or at least call.

I have no more words right now, I am just speechless.

2 comments:

Nickiesha said...

HOPING FOR THE BEST

Enchantress said...

Update: She is okay...she is with her abusive boyfriend and says she's scared to leave him to go home to her husband. I guess that's better than being dead. I just hope she realizes she needs help and gets it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails