Sunday, October 21, 2007

What's New???



It's been a while since I've been here. I just really don't have that much time to post. So what's new? I have started a technical program (I'm almost halfway finished!) so that I will have more opportunities when I begin looking for a job. Atlanta is getting too busy too fast! People are just pouring in each year by the thousands. Because of this it is getting harder and harder to find a job. The cost of living has skyrocketed also yet the pay has not increased. All of these factors contributed to my decision to finish school while I'm still young.

A year and a half ago I was living a comfortable life while attending college at my own pace...then I got a divorce. At first I thought that was a major setback because I had to transfer colleges AGAIN, move myself and my child, enroll him in preschool, and attempt to finish my own schooling. All of this was dumped in my lap overnight, but everything was sorted out within 2 weeks. That's when I had no faith, I had lost it. I just could not see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, I have accomplished all of the aforementioned on my own and enrolled at the university I previously attended to pursue my bachelor's in AA studies. Yes, I am attending two schools right now. It's definitely not easy, but going through the divorce taught me that I can face anything that's put before me. To anyone reading this, just know that you too can achieve anything your heart desires. Just jump into it and don't look back!

1 comment:

Nickiesha said...

good luck ma!

Related Posts with Thumbnails