Sunday, October 28, 2007

Open Your Eyes...and Ye Shall SEE!

I have asked God more than once to show me what people's motives really are, the last time being early this year. I also pray that my spirit be receptive.

Well, God has never failed me. Unlike a few years ago, I am not confused and stuck trying to figure people out.

Recently, some people from my past have been contacting me all of a sudden. I'm like...wait...what does so and so want? I'm not saying that EVERYONE must have an ulterior motive, but these are people that I have no reason to talk to. My friendship with them didn't end on a sour note either, but each time we went our seperate ways and again there is NO reason for me to converse with them. So, eyebrow raised and phone in hand I check my messages. It's the ol' mundane "Hey M*****, I am just calling to see how you are doing, I haven't talked to you in a while...okay, bye." I blow it off. Two days later here comes someone else leaving a voicemail for me. I can't even remember the last time I talked to this person.

When things like this happen I take a step back and let people reveal themselves. It is so easy to get caught up in the moment when you should take yourself out of the situation and let things pan out. So I did just that. I was thinking (a) these people are idle and decided to call just because, (b) [ulterior motive theory goes here], or (c) this is a test, the devil is trying to distract me.

It's not coincidental that when you are doing what you are supposed to people full of negativity come your way. When I was going through my season of trials and confusion no one was interested in "how I was doing". Now that I can see clearly here comes all of the naysayers and the ooh and ahhers. This has happened time and time again and it is a part of life. When you're down and out you are the last thing on anyone's mind, but when you are BLESSED those same people swarm around you like bees trying to suck up your milk and honey. What do you call them? Um, frenemies. I don't think there's a such thing, but I know they're my enemies. "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies." Psalm 23:5

If you are ever in doubt of someone's intentions, take a step back and ask God to reveal them to you; you will receive your answer.

Be Blessed.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails